Today we are commemorating the birth of Ayn Rand. Ms. rand was a wonderful romantic realist novel writer that choose America as her home after fleeing from the USSR in the 1920s. Ms. Rand was the philosopher who made the first defense of the morality of Capitalist and who elaborated a complete philosophical system that she later called Objectivism.
Ms. Rand was the greatest advocate for individual rights and she is my heroine. It is in her ideas that I find daily inspiration to pursue happiness and objectivity in my life!
Today I share with you the audio to one of her most powerful lectures. ”In March 1974, Ayn Rand faced the improbable task of lecturing on the crucial importance of philosophy—to the graduating class of West Point. She succeeded magnificently: she attracted three times the expected attendance, she elicited an enthusiastic ovation, and her lecture was reprinted in a new philosophy textbook published by the U.S. Military Academy. Relive this memorable occasion, and rediscover the irresistible intellectual power of Ayn Rand.”
Here is the link to Ms. Rand’s fabulous lecture in West Point
- Ayn Rand: 10 great quotes on her birthday (csmonitor.com)
- New Online Campus for the Study of Philosophy! (capitalisthistory.com)
- The Atlas Society Launches $1 Million Atlas Shrugged Capital Campaign and Publishes New Article Called Myth: Ayn Rand was an Elitist (prweb.com)
- Dr. Yaron Brook Explains Why Ayn Rand Was Right – 01-27-2012 (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Free Objectivist Books for Students (capitalisthistory.wordpress.com)