M.A., M.Sc. Global Studies: A European Perspective from Roskilde University and Leipzig Universität and a M.A. in Social Sciences Candidate from Universidad Francisco Marroquin. I am an educator, historian, and entrepreneur.
My research focuses on the economics of human relationships, the cultural and political impact of these interrelations, and the historical development of societies leaded by the principles of Rational Selfishness, Individualism, Objectivism and Capitalism Laissez-Faire. I am a higly qualified academic with global and international expertise. I have in-depth expertise of multidisciplinary approaches to globalization and I am a consultant in the area.
- M.Sc. Global Studies Candidate Roskilde University 2013
- M.A. Global Studies Candidate Leipzig Universität 2013
- Erasmus Mundus Scholar of the European Commission 2011-2013
- M.A. Social Sciences Francisco Marroquin University Candidate 2013
- Author of the blog Globalization & Capitalism
- Entrepreneur and Owner of a retail chain of stores in Guatemala
- Charles G. Koch Fellowship. Koch Foundation. Institute for Humane Studies. Washington, DC. June-August, 2006.
- Pineda Rodas, Luis Guillermo. (2012, July 01) “History of Capitalism II”. Paper presented at the Atlas Society Summit, Washington, DC.
- Pineda Rodas, Luis Guillermo. (2012, June 30) “History of Capitalism I”. Paper presented at the Atlas Society Summit, Washington, DC.
- Pineda Rodas, Luis Guillermo. (2012, June 26) “A New History of Capitalism.” Paper presented at the Scholarship and a Free Society Conference, Towson, MD.
- Course: “Atlas Shrugged and Objectivist Philosophy”. Center for the Study of Capitalism. UFM, GUATEMALA. September, 2009-August, 2011
- Course: “The Fountainhead and Objectivist Philosophy”. Center for the Study of Capitalism. UFM, GUATEMALA. September, 2009-August, 2011
- Course: “Philosophy Book Club”. Center for the Study of Capitalism. UFM, GUATEMALA. September, 2009-August, 2011
- Course: “Research Strategies for EBSCO, Xrefer, Ovid, Oxford Reference Online and Project Muse”. Ludwig von Mises Library, GUATEMALA. March 2005, February 2007.
- Course: “Historical and Political Geography”. Teacher Assistant of Prof. Glenn Cox. Universidad Francisco Marroquin, GUATEMALA. January, 2004 – June, 2004.
- Founder and Executive Director at Center for the Study of Capitalism in which he organized more than two hundred dialogues on Objectivist Philosophy with high school and University students.
- Head Collection Development at Ludwig von Mises Library. Guatemala, GUA – January,2008-July, 2009
I was born in Guatemala City, Guatemala and I have lived and traveled around the globe learning from different cultures, philosophies and ways of thinking.
My passion are books and I spend most of my time reading titles on History, Economy and Philosophy. You’ll find me reading in the Library, eating at ethnic food restaurants, reading in a park, or at cafés and wine bars near culturally diverse neighborhoods.