I invite you to apply for a book and take advantage of such a wonderful opportunity! Sign up today to get a free book, or to donate books to eager readers! And feel free to pass this on to a friend, forward it to a mailing list, or post it on a relevant board or group.
Project title: “EVALUATING ACTIVE LABOUR MARKET POLICIES IN FLANDERS”
To start in January 2012
• The candidate writes a doctoral thesis under the supervision of Prof. Bart Cockx on the research project entitled “Evaluating Active Labour Market Policies in Flanders”. This project will be realized within the Policy Research Centre Work and Social Economy (“Steunpunt Werk en Sociale Economie”) financed by the Flemish Government. The project consists in two main research topics:
(i) A Simple Monitoring Instrument for the Effectiveness of Active Labor Market Policies;
(ii) Public Procurement of Employment Services: Long-Run Effectiveness and the Role of the Service Provider.
• You are holder of a Master degree in Economics, which you should have completed with honours.
• You can work independently, accurately and systematically
• You have an interest in quantitative methods
• A doctoral research fellowship for up to 4 years.
• A dynamic research environment with interactions with other research centres, in particular with IRES at UCLouvain and also IZA and CESifo, research centres to which Bart Cockx is affiliated.
Send a letter of motivation and your CV to prof. Bart Cockx bart.cockx@ugent. be as soon as possible and not later than December 15, 2011. Do not hesitate to send a mail for more info.
ARI Campus will allow students around the world to take courses at their own pace and on their own time—for free. Students at all levels will be able of exploring educational materials in multimedia courses.
Initial course offerings will include the following:
I warmly invite you to tonight’s cocktail on behalf of the work done by Roots & Wings International in Guatemala. The cocktail is part of the NGO’s fundraising projects organized to pay for its diverse programs. The organization is a wonderful example of success since I became acquainted with its work and we need your support to continue growing its educational programs in Guatemala.
Roots & Wings Programs:
23 sponsored in 2010
Seeking sponsors to provide 50 more
Goal: 600 elementary students
Paving the path to higher education
25 computers and 600 children
Need donor sponsorship
Planning and resolution
of local development issues
Promoting higher education
Academic and career guidance
to 250 youth per year
Access to high school education
Currently raising $1.5 million