Wealth is produced for the purpose of creating a monetary profit (a moral value) that will enable a man to pursue other values. The process of creating wealth is the result of a man’s reason put in practice. This process of acting requires that man be free in order to pursue his rational and objective values and to make use of them as he pleases. The previous process I have mentioned is much more complex to understand and requires pages of explanation. For anyone interested in learning how man’s mind works I recommend you to check the writings of Ludwig von Mises and Ayn Rand as a starting point.
There are many philosophies of life and religions that are in opposition to individual freedom because of the religious dogma from which they are rooted. These people’s philosophies and religions have codes of values that deny an individual’s right to their life and the pursue of their happiness. Religions are anti-life since they proclaim rules believed by faith that require man to suffer, sacrifice and do irrational actions in the aim of fulfilling their dogma. The religion that strikes me the most is Islam because it is not only a religious creed but also a political mean of organizing human life through the Sharia and Fiqh.
Ellaborating on how Islam is anti-life would take also dozens of pages with explanations and examples of how it does so. A great reference to start learning is the book “Winning the Unwinnable War: America’s Self-Crippled Response to Islamic Totalitarianism” which clear examples on how Islam and the practice of Sharia and the Fiqh violate individual rights, disincentive man’s creativity to pursue happiness and create wealth. Also, I recommend you to check the following blog post “Islam Violates our human rights” which enumerates very shortly and clearly good examples of violations done by Islamics,
- Violation of Article 23 (1) and 26 (1) of the UDHR Article 23 (1) of theUniversal Declaration of Human Rights states: Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favorable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment. Article 26 (1) states: Everyone has the right to education.
But in Afghanistan, a muslim country, girls are not allowed education. Girls schools are banned and those caught running these schools, can be punished by law.
This continued for about 5 years, during the reign of the Taliban, the oppressive Islamic extremists, who were finally eliminated by theAmericans. (Thank you, America)
- Violation of Article 19 of the UDHR Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states: Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
Maldives, Pakistan, Afghanistan and other muslim countries do not allow freedom of speech, regarding criticism on Mohammed, the prophet of Islam. This has taken the shape of a Blasphemy Law, where any person who speaks negatively about Mohammed, can be given death sentence or life imprisonment and/or fine.
An example of this is the recent death sentence given to Dr. Younus Shiekh for correctly pointing out that the Prophet Mohammed did not become Muslim until the age of 40 (which was when he received his first revelation) and that his parents were non-Muslims (as they died before Islam was proposed by the Prophet).
- Violation of Article 18 of the UDHR Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states: Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.
But the Quran says that:
Any religion except Islam will not be accepted
Quran 3.85 : If anyone desires a religion other than Islam, never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost.
This is also mentioned in Violation 5, where those who dont believe in Allah, will be tortured severely.
- In Iran, and Afghanistan, brutal punishments are give for extra-marital sex. Stoning to death was ordered by Mohammed, and is still used in Iran. This is a very cruel brutal punishment and its only aim is to inflict maximum pain on the individual. Muslims in Afghanistan and Iran can be flogged for consuming alcohol, slandering or for adultery while they are not married.
Flogging is ordered by the Quran:
And those who accuse free women and bring not for witnesses, flog them with eighty stripes.”59 For the adulterer, God says :”The adulteress and the adulterer, flog each of them with a hundred stripes.” 60 s
These punishments are condemned by the International Community
Islam also orders cutting of hands and feet :
Quran 5.38 As to the thief, Male or female, cut off his or her hands: a punishment by way of example, from Allah, for their crime: and Allah is Exalted in power.
Read here the complete post on how Islam violates rights…
- Top 10 reasons why sharia is bad for all societies (iamiranaware.wordpress.com)
- Declaration of Human Rights (aklumper.wordpress.com)
- Crimes Against Humanity in Iran (iamiranaware.wordpress.com)
- The U. S. Constitution and Sharia Law (capecountyteaparty.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Yaron Brook Explains Why Ayn Rand Was Right – 01-27-2012 (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Islam and Sharia: Deadly Facts You Should Know (lettingfreedomring.com)