When an economy falls into a recession, we typically observe a cluster of people making similar investment mistakes. According to historian Stephen Davies, these investment errors occur because governments or central banks manipulate the supply of money. These manipulations place artificial downward pleasure on interest rates, creating false signals that entice individuals to invest in what end up being unprofitable ventures. Booms and busts are not a new phenomenon of this century, but rather, have occurred throughout history both in America and around the globe.
- Why sound money is important – and the Bank must go (abolishthebank.wordpress.com)
- 2 minute explanation of boom and bust (abolishthebank.wordpress.com)
- Blame the Fed for the Financial Crisis ~ Ron Paul… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Winners And Losers: The New Economy (zerohedge.com)
- Blame Government, Not Greed – and, Please, Ignore Central Banking (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Wide Spread Economic Panic – The Economy And You (profitonknowledge.com)